Rules , Guidelines and General Information of Roissy Val d'Oise
The Four Pillars of Roissy Val d'Oise:
Our Point of View:
Roissy Val d'Oise is a roleplay SIM different from any other role play SIM. Yes, we do have a theme, The Story of O, but we realize this is Second Life and this means first of all that everyone comes online to have fun. Second, we write 2012 when this SIM is founded, so we rewrite The Story of O to our own desire in order to assure the most possible enjoyment for every member and visiteur.
We welcome people to Roissy Val d'Oise, and ask all to join the main group at the Landing Point. You will be informed of up and coming events and workshops through our group messages, we encourage you to attend and enjoy. Please wear your tag when you are here.
If you require a tour and more information please look for a Debutante, Demosielle or a Sister; they will gladly show you all we have on offer and answer any questions you may have.
As a Famille member you are not permitted to have any RP with our members, you are however welcome to observe in a discreet manner.
If you wish to become a full member of the group then please pick up and application form at the landing point, complete and return in the post boxes provided.
We ask all our Famille and members to read through the rest of these rules for Val d'Oise which will assist you in enjoying your visit .
General Val d'Oise Rules and information
( Applies to ALL members )
* Every Famille member and full member is welcomed as they are the lifeblood of Roissy Val d'Oise.
*All avatars must be 60 days old in order to start a path at Roissy VDO. Avatars may become Famille if under the age of 60 days and observe only. Avatars must also be of adult human form to be on the sim at any time. This means no child avatars, tinies, furries, or animals. No children's clothing or children's AO's permitted.
* We may be an adult SIM, but public nudity does not reflect well on the community. Please always be properly dressed unless in our designated areas for nudity.
*Addressing people: Famille are addressed to as Mr/Sir or Miss. Dominants are addressed to as either Sir or Miss and Master or Mistress depending on their level. Female submissive are addressed by there first name.
* The main role pay areas center round the Château and dungeon. We ask you please not to go into IM and keep the chat local when in the public areas of these places for the enjoyment of everyone.
* Any type of sexual Role Play is not permitted outside of these areas. (Unless in private residence) Your group Tag MUST be worn when entering role play areas (Famille and full members). This eliminates any confusion as to who you are and your role there.
*Private residences are just that, private. You can only enter them with permission of the owner.
*The teleport system is available at the landing point to the main areas of Roissy Val d'Oise. When in the main Role Play Areas (Chateau, dungeon), we ask you NOT to tp in and out of them.
* The philosophy of the Role Play here is to keep it real. We therefore ask you to leave appropriately and to actually leave the room, the building accordingly. This helps to ensure the continuation of the Role Play that may be going on around you and is generally considered good manners. So we ask you, please, excuse yourself and leave appropriately.
*The use of group chat: We ask all our Roissy VdO members to consider when using group chat that it is:
*Admin: Admin members are there to assist in the smooth running of Val d'Oise. They are very busy people and highly valuable members of the community. We ask you to try to resolve minor disputes amicably with the people directly involved in the first instance prior to asking for intervention from Admin members. When wearing an Admin Tag a member is not obliged to interact in Role play
We encourage you to dress according the theme of the VdO. Masters and Mistresses were from the French upper class. So we suggest formal gowns and suits and tuxes for Masters.
Sisters, Demoiselles and Debutantes are encouraged to dress according the dresses of O - any design you prefer yourself, or sensual gowns - in the Chateau ... No children's wear tolerated.
Courtesans will wear whatever outfits their owners allow them to wear within the theme of the SIM.
Famillie members, we ask you also to respect the dress code and adapt it accordingly.
Be creative and original and wear what you think they might wear in 1954 or to present day
*** Full Member Additional Rules and Guidelines***
*Your group Tag MUST be worn when entering role play areas. This eliminates any confusion to whom you are and your role within the group
When entering a role play area you are there to do exactly that.. Role play.
The only exception to this is the 'Admin Tag', people wearing this Tag are actively working for the sim and therefore not obliged to engage in role play at that time .
We ask you as full members to actively help in self managing this by asking people politely in IM if they are are not wearing the correct Tag to do so, if needed, referring to the group rules and policies.
Do not proceed to Role play with anyone who does not wear their group Tag
*Please remember Famillie members are only permitted to be involved in light social Role Play.
They are welcome to observe in a discreet manner. If a full member is found engaging further with either of these Roles their Roissy Val d'Oise tag may be demoted for a period
*We emphasize again that role play in the public areas of the Chateau and dungeon are to be kept on local chat; however use of IM is allowed in the private areas of the bedrooms.
*If you rezz any objects within the role play area we ask you kindly to remove them after use.. tidy up after yourself.
*The use of Roissy Val d'Oise is given to you to enjoy; there is no cost to any individual at all. To assist in the growth and development of Roissy Val d'Oise we ask you please as a full member to add a 'pick' in your profile. We thank you for your continued support.
*We insist, debutantes, demoiselles, sisters and courtesanes put their preferences and limits (restrictions if appropriate for courtesanes) in their profiles, this will prevent any misunderstandings. Failing to do so will possibly cause a demotion of tag.
* If any role play is not fun or close to crossing limits the use of a safe word is expected. (Green, Yellow and Red) Using safeword RED will immediately STOP any roleplay and never has consequences other than to be (emotionally) SAFE.
* Safe, Sane and Consensual (SSC) ALWAYS applies. Your Dominant group tag gives you the right to APPROACH sisters and demonsielles for role play but please read their profile limits and preferences prior to this.
* Under no circumstances should anyone ask you for real life information, picture, to voice or cam. For the safety of the all our members please report any harassment in that area to the admin team
* Please consider if you have crashed and are unable to re-log within a reasonable amount of time that re logging back into your "last location" may not be appropriate.
Please remember that TPing directly into and out of the Chateau is not permitted. You leave and enter in an appropriate manner.
Roissy Val d'Oise is a fast growing and very popular sim. We are very proud of its achievement s in such a short space of time. This has only become possible with the valued support and commitment of our members.
The guidelines and rules are here to assist all of us in achieving this, and we thank you for your cooperation.
Welcome to Roissy Val d'Oise
Rene (Roissy Val d'Oise Propriétaire)